We are a private mental health group with offices in McLean, Reston, Manassas, Arlington, and Alexandria and offer a collaborative, rapidly growing practice of compassionate clinicians who work together to support our clients. As a practitioner with Granato Group you are provided referrals from a multitude of sources including a large network of clientele recommendations. Billing services, comfortable counseling rooms, secure web-based networks for telehealth services and electronic records management, practice meetings, group supervision, and a warm team atmosphere are all provided. A full time practice manager maintains contracts with insurance companies, client and community relationships, and more so that you can focus on your clients.
We are currently searching for an experienced Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) who is licensed in the state. We use sound principles of mental health and substance abuse care to assist our patients and improve their quality of life. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to apply solution-focused principles and is trained to work with individuals, families, and groups in treating mental, behavioral, and emotional problems and disorders.
- Performs initial interviews and diagnostic assessments.
- Performs psycho/social assessments on an as needed basis.
- Determine realistic goals for therapy
- Diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders, including addictive disorders and leverage techniques aimed at the prevention of such disorders
- Provide effective, well-established treatments of cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal, and psychodynamic therapy for individual, family and groups
- Develop case formulation and synthesize/disseminate significant information to team members
- Improve communication among families in crisis
- Demonstrate an understanding of patient needs when devising and implementing treatment
- Provide team consultation
- Licensed in Virginia as an LPC
- Respond to a diverse range of clients using differential diagnoses and evidence-based treatment approaches.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in individual, group, couples and family psychology
- Must have good knowledge of community-based behavioral health principles, clinical services operations, and psychotherapeutic treatment techniques.
- Proven ability to guide clients through crises, such as divorce or death.
- Experience diagnosing psychological disorders, highlighting problematic patterns that need to be changed, enhancing communication and helping clients to address dysfunctional behaviors by replacing them with constructive actions.
- Proven experience in administering findings of current studies into clinical curriculum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate clinically sound and ethical practices
- Able to work with EHR tools.
- Experience working with diverse populations and developmental ages.
If you are interested in becoming a highly valued member of our dynamic team of health professionals, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.